Man, is it just me or did that first week of 2016 fly by pretty quickly? I have to admit that it took me a couple of days to fully get into the swing of things earlier in the week, but today I feel really pumped about making this a super productive month (and year)! I finally got my Craftsposure 2016 Planner & Diary (which is sadly currently sold out :X ) pictured above and I love it! I only recently discovered the wonderful world of planners and this one is just perfect for anyone pursuing a creative passion. I highly recommend getting a great planner if you haven’t yet!
Anyways, we don’t have anything much planned this weekend, which I feel hasn’t happened for months, so I think we’re going to try to take advantage of the relaxed pace and do some year-end cleaning and maybe even go see a movie. What are your plans for the weekend? Whatever it is I hope it’s a great one! Here are some things I’m reading, loving, and listening to lately!
8 Inspirational New Years Quotes for people who hate inspirational quotes (Metro UK)
25 Ways the world changed in 2015 (Business Insider)
Why 2016 is poised to be the year that it all comes together for Pinterest (Quart)
13 Productivity Hacks That Worked for Real People (Forbes)
Here’s What Your Life Will Look Like (Tech-Wise) in 2020 (Brit + Co)
Raiders of the Lost Web; If a Pulitzer-finalist 34-part series of investigative journalism can vanish from the web, anything can (an investigative journalism piece by The Atlantic)
Baby experiences pure joy when being introduced to bacon (video, originally on Youtube)
14 books to help you live your best damn life in 2016 (Mashable)
– I just discovered Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee by Jerry Seinfeld, a hilarious web series that I can’t believe I’d never heard of before and I LOVE it (past interviews include Kevin Hart, Jimmy Fallon, Amy Schumer, Stephen Colbert, and tons more)
– I’m on the hunt for the perfect white cable knit sweater and I have my eye on this one, this one, this one, and this one!
– This is one of the most elegant kid’s 1st birthday party setups I’ve ever seen and that gold photo backdrop makes me nostalgic for my own wedding where I had one just like it 🙂 (100 Layer Cake-let)
– And speaking of gold, this faux zebra rug DIY is one of the most ingenious home decor DIY’s I’ve seen in a while! (Brittany Makes)
– Pink and ombre DIY Brushstroke Dyed Napkins…A DIY after my own heart! (Home-ology Modern Vintage)
– If you love freebies and organization as much as I do, you’ll appreciate these 24 Free Printable Calendars For 2016 (POPSUGAR)
Here are few songs that I have on repeat lately including one from Zara Larsson who I just recently discovered (she looks like Adele and sounds like Rihanna!!), a beautiful acoustic from the amazing ginger man Ed Sheeran, and my current major girl crush, Hailee Steinfeld (of “Love Myself”). I think she’s just so adorable and at the same time so talented (she was nominated for an Academy Award when she was only 14! Was also in Ender’s Game and Pitch Perfect 2) and I love her voice and attitude, especially the fact that a lot of her songs are about self empowerment and being different.
Zara Larsson – Uncover
Ed Sheeran – Who You Are (acoustic cover, original by Jessie J)
Hailee Seinfeld – Hell Nos and Headphones