My name is Linda and my blog, A Sweet Afternoon. This is my little space to post fun and useful posts about my life with my husband Dave and two identical twin girls, Jasmine and Josephine 🙂 Years ago, I used this blog as a place to DIY projects and favorite recipes too – eventually I will try repost some of them if I can!
– I was born, raised, and currently live in Boston, MA
– I’m a working mom that’s trying to figure it all out! I work as a Senior Content Marketing Manager for a global company
– I graduated from law school, but (obviously) don’t practice law. I knew very early it wasn’t for me and I made the career transition to marketing in my mid-twenties. No regrets and I love where I am today!
– I taught myself how to code HTML and use Photoshop during high school and worked as a freelance graphic designer off and on over the years. That’s what has helped me put this blog together 🙂
– I married the love of my life, Dave, in 2013. He is a senior software engineer at a leading health company in Downtown Boston, and is the craziest, funniest, smartest guy I’ve ever met.
– Our wedding photos were featured on Southern New England Weddings, and our wedding story also made it into the 2014 issue of their print magazine. This made us feel so cool! 🙂
– 5 years after we got married, we gave birth to our identical twin miracle babies on Christmas eve of 2018. Still have to pinch myself over being so lucky as to have twin babies who are healthy, happy and thriving! When I get a chance I will post about how my full term twin pregnancy went.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: What camera do you use for your blog pictures?
A: For blog photos, I primarily use my Panasonic LUMIX DMC-LX7W which is a compact camera
rather than a DSLR. It is super compact for the quality of photos it can make and it boasts the important features that I would want from a DSLR such as a very fast lens, native wide angle capability, and great performance in low light.
Q: What programs to do you use to edit the photos on your site?
A: I am a long-time fan of Adobe Photoshop and do the majority of any photo and layout editing on there. In the past I have used Adobe Photoshop Elements which is a less expensive version of Photoshop that still has the majority of the features you would need to edit blog photos.
Q: Can I use your pictures on my website?
A: I appreciate the thought! Yes you may use an image from my site, but only under one condition: please just make sure provide proper credit by linking back to the original post where you found the photo.
Q: What blogging platform do you use?
A: This blog is self-hosted and I use Wordpress as my CMS (content management system). I highly recommend this route (over a free platform like wordpress.com or blogger.com) for any serious blogger, or even new bloggers who have any intention of meaningfully growing their blog. There is just so much free information out there for WordPress users to help you
maximize your blog features, as well as tons of add-ons and plugins that make blogging so much easier.
Q: Why did you start blogging?
A: I think the answer to that, for me, is why not? I grew up in the generation of kids that experienced the infancy of the internet (hello dial-up internet, AOL, LiveJournal and Xanga!) so online publishing was something I have always been interested in and used as a means of self expression throughout my high school and college years. I have since spent many years of professional experience developing online content for other people, so it was kind of natural for me to finally create my own space on the web that was all my own and that made me happy, allowing me to share my interests with others like me.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me here.
Thanks for stopping by!
disclaimer: A Sweet Afternoon occasionally utilizes ad and affiliate links. All products associated with these links are things I truly love and by no means influence what I write or post about on this blog or my social media platforms. thank you for reading!